The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Fee (EACC) is investigating the award of the Sh40 billion Kipevu Oil Terminal tender at Mombasa port.

The EACC stated there have been malpractices throughout the award of the terminal construction tender to China Communication Development Firm (CCCC).

Already, EACC has summoned 16 Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) high officers amongst them Managing Director Daniel Manduku and his predecessor Catherine Muturi-Wairi.


In line with a letter seen by the Nation, Ms Muturi-Wairi is ready to seem earlier than the fee to document a press release on Wednesday.

Dr Manduku is scheduled to show up on the EACC Mombasa regional workplace at 10am on Thursday.

Others summoned embody Head of Procurement and Provides Anthony Nyamancha, former Head of Procurement and Provides Yobesh Oyaro, and chairman of the tender committee Rashid Salim.

Different officers are Adza Dzengo, Geofrey Kavate, Edward Kamau, William Ruto, Dan Amadi, Margaret Shayo, Beatrice Ratemo, Geoffrey Namadoa, Raymond Warr, Miguel Pires, and due diligence group member William Tenay.


The letter, signed by Mombasa EACC boss Japhet Baithalu, says 5 officers will probably be in control of the train.

“Up to now we’ve already taken statements from at the least 11 officers. We’re on the preliminary levels of our investigations, we are going to later know who’re the suspects and people that can grow to be our witnesses,” Mr Baithalu instructed the Nation throughout an interview at his workplace.

A highly-placed supply stated the challenge was estimated to price Sh15 billion, which was later raised to Sh25 billion after which Sh40 billion.

“The award of the tender was signed in October final 12 months and 10 per cent of the quantity paid, however the officers dilly-dallied for causes finest recognized to them, and that’s what is being pursued. There have been malpractices,” he stated.


Mr Baithalu stated investigations are additionally following a global angle.

Officers on the port claimed that tendering malpractices had been amongst causes the previous managing director was sacked.

Ms Muturi-Wairi was sent home final 12 months and changed with Dr Manduku.

Work on the terminal began in February this 12 months and is anticipated to take two and half years to finish.